Poongar Handbounded Red rice is a wonderful cure for most of Women’s hormonal problems. This rice is rich in anthocyanin( an antioxidant). Which helps to Eliminates unwanted water from the body. It enhances stamina and boosts the immune system.
Poongar rice also contain mineral like Iron, Zinc, Magnesium and Molebidinum. Poongar rice contains low calories, low glycemic index, high fibers, high proteins and vitamin B1. So this rice is mainly used for the diet plan. It reduces and maintains the sugar level and keeps it healthy. And also used to weight loss. Its husk is also nutritious and tasty.
Poongar rice full of the nutrients required for a preganant woman and her child. Pregnant women take poongar regularly, it helps to Normal delivery. It is especially beneficial to pregnant women’s and lactating mothers.
• Helpful for pregnant women
• Removes bad sweat from body
• Help Boost immune system
• Increases lactation
• Poongar rice Increases hemoglobin content in the blood, and lowers the heart risks
• Rich in dietary Fiber
• Helps to promote a healthy digestive system
• Prevents from obesity related problems.
• Helps most of stomach Problems
• helps to prevent from mouth Ulcer and Stomach Ulcer
• It generally prevents the glucose from mixing in the blood stream thus preventing ‘diabetes insipidus’.
How to cook Poongar rice?
Wash and soak 1 cup of rice for 30 minutes. For 1 cup of rice, use 2.5 cups of water. Pressure cook for 5 whistles in medium flame.
Dishes can be made from Poongar Rice
• Soft idly, dosa and idiyappam
• Kanji, Paniyaram and Uttappam
• Sweet Payasam,
• Rice Murukku
• Tomato Rice and Rice puttu
• Can be had with sambhar or rasam
Medical Benefits of Poongar Rice
Benefits of Poongar Rice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHHqEtSIHL8
Varitied and recipes of Poongar Rice
Tamil: பூங்கார் அரிசி